Most of us long to find someone to love and share our lives with. Yet one of the most difficult challenges is to love another deeply without losing ourselves in the process. Finding the right balance between these two fundamental drives, the drive for individuality and the drive for intimacy and connection can be much more difficult than it sounds.
Couples therapy can help you in the following areas…
- Understanding you and your partner’s needs in relationship
- Fighting less and recovering from fights more quickly
- Speaking your truth even if your partner doesn’t agree
- Staying calm when triggered by your partner
- Communicating effectively so you can hear what your partner has to say
- Improving intimacy
If you and your partner struggle in any of these areas then couples counseling might be helpful.